LAKEWOOD, NJ - Opening Day at FirstEnergy Park may not be until April 13th, but the BlueClaws get things going in March at FanFest on March 18th! Kick off the BlueClaws season in style at FanFest, the first day single-game tickets go on sale to the general public.
FanFest runs from 10 am - 2 pm and includes free fun for the whole family. Because of the event's proximity to St. Patrick's Day, there will be an Irish-themed feel to the day, with food, drink, music, and additional fun.
As always, FanFest marks the first day that single-game tickets go on sale to the general public. Once again, tickets will be just $10 for adults and $7 for juniors/seniors, $3 savings off the single-game ticket price. In addition, post-FanFest single-game ticket sales will not begin until Monday, March 27th, meaning FanFest is the first and best chance to individually lock-up the best seats to the best games.
"FanFest is one of our favorite days on the calendar," said BlueClaws General Manager Chris Tafrow. "We get to really open the ballpark to our fans for the first time and it's another sign that Opening Day is just around the corner!"
Opening Day, presented by Jenkinson's Boardwalk, is Thursday, April 13th at 6:35 pm. Opening Weekend also includes a Fireworks Friday game on April 14th, and a split double-header (separate admission) on Saturday, April 15th with nine-inning games at 1:05 pm and 7:05 pm.
Considering a Ticket Package? If you are considering a BlueClaws 2017 ticket package, now is the time to act! At FanFest, the best seats to the best games will be available for fans to reserve on a single-game basis. But until FanFest, the only way to secure those seats is through a 2017 BlueClaws ticket package (info here or below).
Also included in the fun at FanFest this year:
- Each attendee will receive a voucher for a free hot dog, bag of chips, and soda at the event.
- Additional Irish-themed food, including corned beef & cabbage, will also be available.
- Select Inflatable rides will be available for fans.
- A caricature artist will be available as well (small fee).
- Mascot Buster along with Pork Roll, Egg & Cheese will be around for pictures and will be on the field as part of "Mascot Spring Training."
- Launch-a-Ball will be held on the field (weather permitting).
- Face Painting will be available on the concourse (small fee).
- 2-for-1 ride coupons will be available for Dr. Bernard's Kids Zone, valid throughout the season. Dr. Bernard's Kids Zone is presented by Meridian Pediatric Network.
- Vendors will have fun games and displays around the concourse.
As in years past, the BlueClaws will be collecting non-perishable food as part of a food drive that will benefit the St. Vincent DePaul Society of Ocean County, a BlueClaws Charities Community Partner. Each fan that donates a non-perishable food item will receive two tickets to a BlueClaws game in April. In addition, the BlueClaws will be collecting gently used cell phones to benefit Cell Phones for Soldiers.
More on BlueClaws Ticket Packages - Ticket plans start at just seven games and come with value-pricing and the BlueClaws Flexible Exchange Policy, meaning that if a fan can't attend a game for any reason, their ticket-package tickets can be exchanged for any other game (exchange must take place before the originally scheduled game). This benefit is only available to those with a ticket package! For more information on BlueClaws Ticket Packages, call 732-901-7000 option 3.
The BlueClaws are the Jersey Shore's top stop for affordable, family entertainment. They have led the South Atlantic League and New Jersey in attendance in all 16 years of existence and this year will welcome their 7-millionth fan to FirstEnergy Park.
- BlueClaws -