Shelldon and the superintendent have set a goal for local students to read 5 out of 7 days for 8 weeks this summer, and you can help reach that goal while winning awesome prizes! Readers who read their way around the bases will win an invitation to the Tortugas game on August 21st!
- Second base (4 weeks of reading): Special "Edutainment" opportunities July 11th-18th with our Public Library partners
- Home run (8 weeks of reading): Get a free ticket to a Daytona Tortugas game and be recognized in front of thousands of fans at Jackie Robinson Ballpark on August 21st!
Keep track of the days that you read using our printable reading logs for kids and parents. Once home run level (8 weeks of reading) is achieved, parents/guardians should submit their child's information below to receive prizes.
Directions for Public School:
- Download the classlink app
- Search "Volusia County Schools"
- Log-in with Student email address/password
- Find the Beanstack app on the student dashboard
- Log your days in the Beanstack app
*Public School Students will receive their prizes through their school's media center.
Directions for Private, Charter, or Homeschool:
Directions for students who are homeschooled, charter/private or are rising kindergarteners in the fall of 2023- please fill out the Parent's Printable Log and Submit using the link below.
DEADLINE: PLEASE SUBMIT BY AUG. 12 TO RECEIVE PRIZES!
The prize distribution process will be determined based on current health and safety guidelines at that time.
Hey, kids! Shelldon wants to know what you’re reading this summer. Create a virtual book review to tell him all about your favorite books!
Parents/Guardians: Post a photo or short video on Facebook or Twitter of your child presenting their book review. Be sure to tag @daytonatortugas and use the hashtag #386Reads!
For students looking for reading material, Shelldon suggests visiting your local public library. In addition, he has selected some of his favorite books on the Epic! digital library. Ask your teacher to share the collection “Daytona Tortugas - Shelldon's Shell-ebration of Reading” with you.
Rachel Morton, Community Relations & Outside Events Manager
Direct Line : (386) 271-8745
Email : [email protected]