Reading Program Goal:
To encourage independent reading as a foundation for life-long learning, renew enthusiasm for reading close to the summer months and provide fun incentives for students.
- Teachers and students set goals for four weeks of independent reading during the months of March or April.
- Participating students receive prizes provided by the AquaSox, including a complimentary AquaSox ticket to an Opening Week game with your school.
- Customization for your school - Hit a Home Run in Reading can be added to your already established reading program. All the weekly goals are set by the school and teacher. We provide forms for record-keeping, but schools are welcome to use their own.
To add excitement to independent reading, we offer a wide range of incentives, including:
- Prizes for students who meet their goals, including AquaSox bookmarks and game tickets. Teachers who run the program in their classroom also receive a free AquaSox ticket.
- Opportunity for a kick-off assembly appearance by Webbly, the AquaSox mascot (subject to availability)
- Reserved nights for schools to come out as a group. Schools that reserve a block of seats for their families, teachers and students are seated together, announced as a group, and get the first choice of game dates.
- March on the field in a pre-game parade
- A student or staff representative of top participating schools will be selected to throw out a ceremonial VIP pitch before their game.