As the official boosters of the Biscuits, we are baseball fans who support the Montgomery Biscuits baseball players on and off the field. We provide friendship and family-like support to your young players as they develop to become members of the Tampa Bay Rays.
- Provide water, fruit, power bars, to players when they go to an away game to help stretch their daily stipend for food.
- Provide easy reading materials for the bus on away games.
- Provide some basic toiletries for those who forgot theirs when they go to an away game.
- Provide a room at a family home for those who cannot afford a hotel room.
- Provide transportation for those who do not have any.
- Provide translation services for those foreign players whose first language is not English.
- Arrange for any player and his family to attend English as a Foreign Language Class (Booster Club pays for their books) while here.
- Provide information concerning Montgomery and surrounding area so the players won't be a 'stranger in a strange land'. This would include businesses, restaurants, and churches.
- Provide a facilitator between Montgomery and a player for any issue that might arise while the player is here. For example, this can be help in obtaining apartments for players to share, explaining leases to those who have not experienced such contracts before, providing helpful hints as to where to purchase items, and generally be a good ambassador for the City of Montgomery, while at the same time make the player's life and situation while here as positive as possible.
- Provide sympathy, get-well, anniversary and birthday cards and cakes appropriate for the situation to the players and coaches during the season. Fruit baskets may also be appropriate.
- Provide any other practical assistance to the players and coaches that might arise where a booster club would be more appropriate than the parent ball club organization.
- Host a "Welcome to Montgomery" cook out at the beginning of the season for the players and coaches. At this cookout the Booster Club can inform the team what services they can provide to them, and have a sign up sheet for those players to sign up for the services they would like to participate in.
- Host an Ice Cream Social for the players and coaches in mid-summer.
- Host a "Thank You Biscuits" dinner (or cook out) at the end of the season to honor the team players and coaches.
Join the Montgomery Biscuits Booster Club
You can support the Montgomery Biscuits by downloading this Montgomery Biscuits Booster Club Application form in PDF format. Please print and mail with check payable to:
Montgomery Biscuits Booster Club
Post Office Box 2182
Montgomery AL 36102-2182
Booster Club Officers